To provide insight in the theory of queueing models.
The following subjects will be treated:
- Fundamental queueing relations (Little's law, PASTA property)
- Markovian queues (M/M/1 queue, M/M/c queue, M/E_r/1 queue)
- M/G/1 queue and G/M/1 queue
- Mean value technique
- Priority queues
- Variations of the M/G/1 queue
- Insensitive queues (M/G/c/c queue and M/G/infinity queue)
Basic knowledge of probability at the level:
S.M. Ross, Introduction to probability models, 9th editions, Academic Press, 2007 (chapters 1-3).
- Docent: Werner Scheinhardt