We urge Dutch students to apply for a "week OV-studentenkaart", because our Programme has limited means for reimbursing travel expenses. This is a link to apply for a personal OV-chipcard for traveling with public transport in the Netherlands.
Due to strict measures: We request that you submit your reimbursement claims monthly. As a guideline: please avoid reimbursement claims of over 100 euro!
Who can request for travel reimbursement:
- Students enrolled in a mathematics master, and registered for a Mastermath course, can apply for travel reimbursement.
- PhD students cannot apply for reimbursement for travel expenses.
- Studenten voor de lerarenvakken maken geen aanspraak op reiskostenvergoeding.
What can be reimbursed:
- Mastermath reimburses travel by public transit, second class, from the city of the home university of the student to the venue of the course (train and local transit in the city where the course will take place, also bike rental: OV fiets). Travel by car will not be reimbursed.
- Travel from another city can only be reimbursed when the costs are less and if this is requested in advance by email to email@example.com.
- Travel expenses for courses that take place in the city of the home university are not reimbursed.
- In case the price of a reduction card is less than the difference of normally priced train tickets and reduced train tickets are used to attend Mastermath courses, the student can apply for reimbursement of the NS-discount card.
How to request reimbursement:
- Prepare an OV-chipcard overview of the travel costs made for Mastermath courses (please note that you need a registered/personal OV-chipcard). Please make sure your overview does not contain any personal travel.
- Submit your request using the reimbursement form.
- We request that you submit your reimbursement claims monthly. As a guideline: please avoid reimbursement claims over 100 euro.
- You will receive reimbursement within 8 weeks.
- Travel reimbursement for the academic year 2021-2022 closes on 31 July 2022. Please submit your reimbursement requests before that date.